There is no „one size fits all" project management system.
Key questions to be considered when deciding, which one to use and wich certification/s to pursue, if any, are:
- Which license is which system offered under? Main distinction: Creative Commons (free to use, no permissions needed) vs proprietary (all rights reserved, permissions and often license fees/ royalty payments required)
- Which system/ standard/ method is our organisation's project management system based on?
- Which project management system do our main customers use and require?
- Which project management system do our main vendors use?
- Which eligibility criteria do our potential certification candidates meet?
- How good is the potential candidates' command of English?
- Is certification according to one project management standard enough for us?
- How much can we afford to spend on project management training & certification? Make sure to incorporate costs of certification renewal into your calculation as these are quite siginificant for some of the certifications.
If your organisation is preparing to implement a project management system, we recommend you to use P3.express as the basis due to its practicability, free availability & ease of use and, as & if if needed, supplement it with project management tools & techniques provided by other project management bodies of knowledge and methods like the PMI PMBOK Guide, PRINCE2 or IPMA ICB.