Our Scrum Master I + Agile Foundation course is an introduction to the best-known and most widely used agile frameworks, concepts, techniques and behaviors. Simultaneously it gives the participants the necessary basic knowledge to proceed to a higher level - Scrum Master II + Product Owner or PMI/ACP.
This course is aimed at:
- Giving delegates an understanding of Agile basics
- Explaining delegates the most widely used agile framework - Scrum
- Introducing delegates into agile techniques for planning, estimation and shared understanding (MoSCoW prioritization, timeboxing etc.)
Who Is This Course For And What Are Its Benefits?
This course is suitable for Project, Program & Product Managers, Business Analysts, Team Leaders, Designers, Programmers (Developers), Testers and anybody else who:
- Is interested in the Agile way of working
- Wishes to understand what Agile is and how it works
- Wants to manage product delivery effectively and efficiently
- Wants to deliver products quickly and on time
- Wants to create a transparent product delivery environment
- Wants to protect the level of quality
- Wants to gain one or more of the following basic level Agile certifications:
- APMG AgilePM Foundation
- BCS Foundation Certificate in Agile
- ICAgile Certified Professional
- EXIN® Agile Scrum Foundation
- PeopleCert Scrum Master I
- Scrum.org PSM I/ PSPO I
Agile Scrum Foundation is a 1,5 day classroom course, delivered by our experienced trainers.
The course can be delivered in English, German, Czech or Slovak.
1. Agile Introduction
- What is Agile - definition, mindset, Agile Manifesto
- Why Agile
- Use of Agile
2. Scrum - The Most Widely Used Agile Framework
- Definition and theory of Scrum
- The Scrum Team - Scrum Master, Product Owner, Development Team
- Scrum events - Sprint, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective
- Scrum artifacts - Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Increment
- Definition of "Done"
3. Techniques of Shared Understanding
- Information radiators
- Burn charts - burndown, burnup
- Kanban Board
4. Planning and Estimation Techniques
- Progressive planning (e.g. product - release - sprint)
- MoCSoW prioritization
- Relative estimation - story points
- Wideband Delphi/ Planning poker
Our Agile Foundation course delegates receive:
- Pre-course instructions
- Our full colour Agile Foundation Event Manual
- An electronic version of official "Scrum Bible" - The Scrum Guide from Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland, the "godfathers" of Scrum
- On demand e-mail support from the moment they order the course till the end of course
- Certificate of Completion, which can be used e.g. to claim PDUs (Professional Development Units)
- Upon request also a mapping of the course content to requirements (syllabi) of select Agile certifications
Doing the recommended pre-course preparation:
- Makes it easier for you to understand the subject matter during the course
- Reduces the time required for the course, so you will spend less time out of office
- Allows you to make use of our quality guarantee.
It is expected from the participants that they spend ca. 3 hours on pre-course preparation according to our instructions.
Our Bratislava and Prague public courses are held at our modern training centers with easy transport accessibility, public transport links and barrier-free access. We offer our students free parking, wired internet access, coffee breaks and lunches at a local restaurant included in the course fee.
For more information about our training venues please click here.
Open, semi-open & in-company courses
We run our courses as open, semi-open and in-company. If you are interested in a tailor-made in-company training offer, please contact us.
If you adhere to all trainer's instructions, participate in the whole course and want to refresh your knowledge after some time, you can repeat the course with us once more for free within 2 years from its completion.
Best Price Guarantee:
Our Course Date Guarantee
We value both the time and money of our customers. We therefore guarantee you that if you make a binding course booking with us and pay your participant fee on time, we will not cancel the given training due to lack of participants or any other subjective reasons.
Since the company establishment we have not cancelled a single course with delegates booked onto it.
Our Know-how Retention Guarantee
In case your employee, who took the course with us paid by your company, terminates employment with you, you can take advantage of our know-how retention guarantee. It means that a replacement employee nominated by you can attend the same course for free. You will pay only fee for his lunches & refreshments during the course.
Just provide us with a copy of the employment contract termination notice of the previous graduate.
Your replacement employee can take the course within 1 year from the original course. The course date has to be agreed at least 15 calendar days before the start of the chosen course. We assume the replacement employee will use the study materials left behind by the original graduate. If your company does not have the study materials anymore we will provide you with a new copy at cost.
In case the course date, which you choose, would be fully occupied by participants who attend the course for the first time and not as a part of our know-how retention guarantee, we will contact your employee and offer him/her a new course date.
Training Course Calendar
The schedule of all our public training courses in English is available under Public Training Courses Calendar & Prices.
How to book a course?
Please fill in our order form or contact us by e-mail at: email@example.com or call us at +421 949 218 061.